I find all kinds of art/sport/music competition exciting, as you test your abilities, “fight” against others with your strongest works, have a chance of meeting like-minded individuals, discuss the ideas plus having a chance of winning and being acknowledged. Therefore, my website will have information of many art competition, which you can enter and check yourself.
Curious Duke Gallery in Shoreditch, London is currently running The Secret Art Prize competition. The categories are: drawing, mixed media, painting and print making, with the additional The People’s Choice award, which will be voted on and chosen by the public on the gallery website.
You can register, pay the £10 fee and submit your work up to 14th June using the link: http://www.secretartprize.com/register/ The applicants selected for exhibition should arrange the delivery of their art work, and collection within 7 days of the exhibition closing. Once submitted, art works must be available for the exhibition in September.
The prizes are:
- £500 cash prize for the winner
- 1 year Be Smart About Art programme membership and 4 hourly mentoring sessions with its founder and art world expert Susan Mumford
- Representation and one month group show with Curious Duke gallery
- 8ftx8ft board at White Cross Street Party Rise of the non-conformists exhibition, 19th/20th July, with exhibition running until September
- Art supplies from the sponsor Cowling and Wilcox, who is providing the materials for the 8ft commission from the White Cross Street Party as well.
Winners will be announced on Tuesday 24th June 12 noon via social media, the Secret Art Prize exhibition will be running from Thursday 4th – Saturday 27th September 2014. Please email Eleni Duke at firstname.lastname@example.org with Secret Art Prize in the subject line with any questions.